Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

home turf [c], @ seren
years old 67 posts PM
PLAYED BY kimmy
so baby pull me closer
IN THE BACK SEAT OF YOUR ROVER THAT I KNOW YOU CAN'T AFFORD, BITE THAT TATTOO ON YOUR SHOULDER. PULL THE SHEETS RIGHT OFF THE CORNER OF THE MATTRESS THAT YOU STOLE
Frey adjusted his bowtie for the 40th time in the past hour, scowling with such determination to have it perfectly right, just right. He was read this time. No a hair out of lace, nor wrinkle visible. He was mother. Fucking. Pristine. And that was how he would stay. The entire goddamned coffee date. Because if there was one thing Frey could control now, it was how and what of him Seren would see. This time the fucking assh- ok no, too vulgar. Reel it back in Frey. Calm, collected. Pristine. He still liked the guy, just not how their first real meeting had gone. The incident hadn’t ended terribly but he was still mortified over it all. That wasn’t supposed to happen at all. He bit the inside at his lip, his scowl deepening further. He’d gotten caught and he was entirely to blame. Frey shook his head pushing away the cringey thoughts. That didn’t matter now. He was going to make a fantastic…third impression. And third time was the charm right? R I G H T ?

He absently tugged on his jacket seating himself quietly as the hostess left to give him some time to wait. The café was lively enough for him. They were starting to get their lunch rush at least. Usually that’s what he did. Or he sat inside in a corner and ate while scribbling down notes for other appointments he had. Today he was just here because he was here, not on a lunch break. Hopefully, his companion thought it was as good as Frey thought it was. At the thought of his friend’s arrival he immediately checked his phone once more. First for new messages, then for a time before he remembered he was early. “Maybe I should’ve made the place a restaurant.” He muttered to himself as he slowly put his phone back down and stared out at the street to people watch. Maybe some liquor- Wait, he wasn’t allowed to yet. He groaned quietly. His brain had to be fried. He’d spent so much time preparing himself for today that basic memory had been pushed aside for conversation topics. “Jesus have pity.” He whispered as he rubbed his eyes. Why had he agreed to this? Why ad he asked this? This was a shitty idea. He could barely handle himself in passing conversation but a coffee date? Frey clicked his tongue as he grabbed at his phone once more before making a note. “Emphasize attainable goals, asshat.” Not the kindest thing to say to your future self but he was far from kind right now.
seren doe
✒ he is eternal anxiety
years old 50 posts PM
PLAYED BY michi
There was a time in which Seren might have been nervous about these sort of things but that time had long since past only to revisit in the most unexpected times. So rare it was that whenever it happened he could never put his finger really on the feeling. But it would linger in the back of his mind like a haunting thing. Just one more thing to haunt it so it seemed. So to say, where as Seren thought he was done with the likes of nervousness it was not done with him no matter how old and there it was gnawing with out him being able to really realize it.

The texts they sent between each other were a blessing though, and he felt sick in the pit of his stomach because....was he really helping Frey or was he feeding his own secret selfish desires? Gods he hoped he was helping. He just wanted to help really despite those things he felt that he shouldn't feel he really did want to help Frey. He wanted so badly to see this young man blossom. He wanted to see that silly bone sass of his break through things like text and make up to hide behind and put it to real life situations because Gods he was wonderful really he was. Such an amusing young man and people deserved to see that...well more Frey deserved for people to see that and Frey deserved to reap the reward of his delightful personality.

All for Frey, this was all for Frey he told himself as he threw around all his clothes to try and find something nice to wear for their "coffee date." The very thought of it making Seren smile in a way he should not be smiling and each time it happened he had to try and wipe it from his face as if it never existed. Finally he settled on a white whispy outfit with a few slashes of color in the form of embroidered flowers here and there and on the shoes he had gotten to match it. He frowned at the idea of having to wear a coat however because uuuugh the outfit was just so perfect with out it and he was so very tempted to place a necklace around his neck with a crystal enchanted to keep one warm but oooh the questions it could raise.He chose a red peacoat to go with it instead before doing up his hair, settling on a simple braided up-do .

He fussed a bit longer before sending Frey a text that he'd see him soon...and ended up putting the simple rose quarts necklace on anyway because in the end this was freaken Maine and it was cold as a witch's tit in the dead of winter as they say. Not that he would ever say it out loud because how rude was that? When he knew plenty of nice warm looking witches. Kind people. Either way when he was all finished he made his way off and caught a taxi to the coffee place Frey had selected for them. Upon reaching it, Seren paid his fare and wished the man a good day before sliding out. The noon hours already making him feel...a bit drained and he so hated it....Anything for Frey though. This was all for Frey. It became a drum of words in his head, a mantra of strength as he slipped inside the cafe, mix matched eyes landing on Frey with out having to look because always there was that pull to the man.

years old 67 posts PM
PLAYED BY kimmy
so baby pull me closer
IN THE BACK SEAT OF YOUR ROVER THAT I KNOW YOU CAN'T AFFORD, BITE THAT TATTOO ON YOUR SHOULDER. PULL THE SHEETS RIGHT OFF THE CORNER OF THE MATTRESS THAT YOU STOLE
He watched his sigh turn into a wispy cloud of white despite the warmth emanating from the small bonfire the place had set out, in case anyone seriously wanted to be outside. Like him. But Frey had his reasons! He wanted to be visible, if only to make it easier on his friend that had so graciously accepted his invitation despite…circumstances that Frey was less than proud of. I mean, he was a little proud. He’d made a new, uh, friend. A very pretty friend. A friend who seemed like a very nice and positive person, unlike the people at work. While he could jive with them often, sometimes it took a lot out of him. They kind of thrived on worsening his already shitty moods. He was grateful that Seren had indulged him.

Despite his sacrifice, his reflection over his current friend group distracted him and he found himself staring down at his phone once more. His vision went fuzzy for a moment before he quickly blinked it away and sat up at attention. He had a job to do! Frey rubbed his eyes while letting out a quiet yawn before a familiar feeling creeped over him. He felt like he was being watched. It was unnerving but not entirely bad. Turning his head his eyes flickered over the customers dawdling inside the café before locking onto a wisp of pink and white. He stood up abruptly and pushed his chair back with a bit of a clatter. Still, it didn’t fall over. Frey broke out into a practiced smile as his cheeks took on a pink glow of their own. He snatched up his phone to put it away before greeting his companion. Or, at least he tried to anyway. His mouth opened and closed as he tried to form sentences before immediately clamping shut and gesturing towards a chair before back at the inside.

“H-Hey Seren! It’s, uh, really nice to m-meet, er, greet-SEE YOU. That’s what I…meant.” He managed to get out unable to really focus in on Seren’s face as his eyes went from one part of him to another. His choice of clothing, his different hair style, his ability to deal with the cold effectively. Was he even cold? He looked unbothered and relaxed. Meanwhile Frey just kept getting stiffer. He grabbed desperately for something eloquent. He had practiced saying so many different kind of eloquent things. He could be articulate and eloquent. He knew he could. He’d gone through topic after topic while preparing things he could and couldn’t talk about his job. He was SO ready for this 2 minutes ago and yet now he was on the verge of suffocating. UGHH!! He could taste the awkward and he would probably relive this and its full cringe later on tonight.

Abruptly he turned his head away and barely stopped himself from digging out his phone to stare out. This wasn’t public transit Frey, you can’t avoid this now! This had been his idea and he as blowing it. “Thanks for coming!” he squeaked as he stared very obviously at the street hoping that maybe if he took his eyes of the pinkette, his thoughts would start making sense again. On second thought, maybe outside was best. At least the immediate heat flashing through him was counteracted slightly. He brushed a stray piece of hair behind his ears hoping it wasn’t too obvious the nervous tick was acting up again. The pleasant, almost confident smile from before ha now crumbled into a very forced and very nervous one. He was ecstatic sure, but what was the point of it all if he was mute. “N-not too much trouble getting here I-I hope?” he lowered his voice, suddenly realized he was practically yelling. In his quiet he realized he hadn't actually made a move towards Seren since he stood up and immediately corrected himself by fast walking inside, into the warmth.

So much for fuckin' third tie's the charm... the agent thought to himself as his face turned an increasingly brighter red. The warmth was nice at least. On the parts of his face that had been going numb anyway.
seren doe
✒ punch him while he's weak do it
years old 50 posts PM
PLAYED BY michi
It honestly amazed Seren that he had passed the man up outside while in his haste to get inside. He had just thought...that Frey would be waiting inside instead of out? He would have hated him to get sick and that was the thought that fluttered through mind as He turned when not seeing Frey inside but feeling him so close. He turned and saw that so handsome face of his rosy from the cold near a little bonfire the place had out for the customers that seemed to like to linger despite the cold weather.

The pinkette expected, upon the meeting of their eyes, for Frey to come on inside and raised his hand to wave a silent hello while his smile blossomed upon his cupid lips. Instead he was met with an entirely endearing boy. What had made him think other wise? Though endearing he was he was sure Frey would find embarrassment as he started to talk to him through the glass of the store. Seren stepped a bit closer, trying to gesture for the boy to come on inside while he just went on and away with his anxious sort of excitement. One hand raised, covering his lips as the boy stumbled upon his words, noting how his eyes seemed to breeze from one spot to him to another. He had no doubt about the level in which his dear friend could articulate himself but still, it was endearing. Him just like this.

"Hello, Silly Bones." Seren said through the glass, raising his own voice to do so because who the fuck cared what people thought? Life was too short for many and in Seren's case he was far too old to care what others thought of him and if perhaps him raising his voice to speak to Frey around the glass helped to make him feel better? Possibly? Then Seren was going to do it. "Always a pleasure seeing you as well." He added, noting how much more rosy those cheeks of his seemed to get while they spoke like this and he so itched he so itched to touch him, to sooth him with his gift, to take away his feeling of anxiety and embarrassment because Frey you were perfect just the way you were and fuck everyone else.

"Of course! I missed you!" he answered to his squeak, one hand raising to rest on the glass,a more soft smile gracing his face as he tilted his head so slightly to a side. Won't you come inside sweet Frey? He chuckled, holding off going out there a moment longer before shaking his head. "No trouble at all." He assured, pleased that as he spoke, Frey finally started inside, plucking up his phone first of course because he could not loose that. Seren enjoyed their texting far too much for him to loose the object in which allowed them to do so. The moment the other boy was inside, Seren embraced him in a happy hug, letting his palms radiate that magic sort of touch of his before he pulled away, his hands raising to hold gently at his shoulders. "I so love your bow tie. You look so handsome, so sharp. So very adorable."

years old 67 posts PM
PLAYED BY kimmy
so baby pull me closer
It should have hit him sooner that Seren was standing inside and not outside. Maybe the strange dullness in the man’s voice would’ve tipped him off sooner. You know, if Frey McConnell had been thinking clearly and entirely present at that exact moment. He wasn’t. Ok, well he was and he wasn’t. The minute he heard that ridiculous nickname his thought stopped and his mind went blank. A stupid smile even began spreading on his face in recognition. As much as he disliked being treated like a child, he couldn’t quick work up the heat for this specific instance. There was something really nice and really cool of having a ridiculous name. Even more so when the person that used it was just a great person in general. As nervous as he acted, but that really only his need to fix his past impressions which had all been fucking terrible. By Frey’s standards anyway. He waved again.

Seren didn’t really seem affected that he had completely butchered his own greeting which could only mean two things. Seren hadn’t heard it, or Seren was really fucking nice about it. The first would’ve been preferred but that guy was a little too attentive sometimes. His heart suddenly jumped, snapping him out of his daze. “Really?” Frey blurted out. Missed him? Did he miss Frey being unable to make use of the English language in his presence? Cause mother fucker, Frey sure as fuck didn’t. Granted, despite all the nerves and stress that came with it was a very pleasing sentiment to be missed. At least he wasn’t a bother. Crossing the threshold, he felt incredibly reassured he wasn’t being a bother as the taller man’s arms wrapped around him immediately.

Frey found himself returning the gesture and burying his face in the man’s chest that radiated warmth. He took a deep breath, inhaling his friend’s scent before dropping his arms to his side and looking up at him. His presence was like a balm. His broken thoughts slowly drifted back together. He could think a little clearer at least. “Thanks, I tried.” He said before flashing a grin at his companion. He gave Seren one final look over now that he was closer before adding. “I like the stitching? I’m not sure what to call it.” Frey said pointing at one of the bright flowers on the white fabric Seren wore. “It’s nice…brings out the pink in your hair.” He added He felt the flutter of nervousness once more before gesturing for them to sit down somewhere. “Sorry, I meant to catch you before you got it.” He explained trying to dismiss the incident of them calling out to each other through ha glass wall. His cheeks flared up at the reminder before he shuddered and pushed it all away. “Anyway, I come here a lot on my own. The pastries are really good. They sell small lunches and soups too. If you’re cold.” Though he doubted it.
seren doe
✒ he has seen this man shirtless do not judge
years old 50 posts PM
PLAYED BY michi
It was hardly in means to treat Frey like a child with the nickname or the display they were having going on here. Seren just couldn't help the nickname. He had been such a silly and adorable and teasing skeleton. Far too good to pass up on such a name and he could not stop calling him it now that he saw how Frey reacted. That wide smile, the light hue of blush to raise to his cheeks at times. He was darling and so why shouldn't a darling person have an interesting name to commemorate such an interesting and happy meeting?

The smile was the indicator that Frey hardly seemed to mind, he never seemed to mind thus far and so long as it kept getting that silly wide smile out of his lovely new friend, Seren would be sure to continue with his nickname or any other nickname that might pop up with a smile attached to it. He liked Frey smiling. He was so handsome when he smiled. Not that he wasn't handsome any other time but yes. He so enjoyed the smile.

He didn't mean any harm either in humoring him like this, because really Seren didn't see it as humoring, throwing a dear thing a bone in order to make him feel better. He had a feeling it was silly cute things like these that was going to make being friends with Frey the sweet treat of a delight. He had funwith him. Was it horrible to think of Frey's nervous ticks as something fun about being with him? Seren didn't know but he couldn't help enjoying it because who else would he ever try to talk to through glass? With an adorable blushing face and all? Not a soul. I mean he had waved and said hello to people through glass from time to time upon a meeting but have a little bit of a conversation while an adorably flustered friend kept talking at you? Frey was a gem. An absolute gem.

"Of course!" Seren insisted as Frey asked to the "really?" of his missing him. How could he not? Where as Frey might have considered their first two meets as less then great, Seren enjoyed every bit of it. The silly bones, the adorably messed up Frey at the gym. They had a fun time swimming had they not? Wonderful times, he regretted none of it. Once Frey was inside and within his embrace he could only smile as the younger man seemed to bury himself in against his chest. It did two things to him. It made him feel so warm that Frey was comfortable with him to do so, hopeful that perhaps this was good progress for Frey to be able to embrace him in such a way....and then there was something that stirred all the more inside him. Made him feel...light. mine, mine, mine. Ever the persistent whisper in his ear and he shooed it away because now was not the time. It would never be the time. Frey was not his. He was his friend, someone who needed his help and he forced himself to concentrate on that, opening himself up to feel those dark tendrils that seemed to crawl their way along Frey's skin, feeling them sink and shrink away with his touch. He felt Frey seem to relax as they did, imagining he felt lighter himself with the relief his touch offered to the young man.

After releasing him, the compliment was well worth it to see that grin flash across Frey's features. So handsome, and it coaxed Seren's to widen, mix matched eyes shifting to the embroidery on his shirt as he began to grin himself. So pleased Frey liked it. Friends could be pleased that they found each other and their outfits pleasing right? Right. "Thank you! It is one of my more favorite outfits from my travels." Frey's compliment extending to his hair and he turned his gaze back to his Silly Bones to smile a bit more softly, "Your words are so kind Frey." His thank you of course before he waved his apology off. "I should have paid better attention. I just thought you would be inside! Maine is so cold." He said as his hands raised to rub at his arms just at the thought, his red peacoat flashing in the crook of his arm, having since taken it off since entering the establishment.

It was a shame the day time was so daunting on him, and honestly the only reason why he was standing so tall, smiling, seeming bright eyed at the moment was because Frey was before him and he hardly wanted to make him worry. He had to keep reminding himself not to move too fast, take it easy because the moment he forgot he knew he'd teeter into a dizzy spell. Happened all the time. The curse of being the star tarot card. Either way the same came in knowing now that Frey frequented the place and it would be so very hard for him to try and pop in more to see if he was here. "Lunch and some coffee sounds super divine." Seren gushed upon picking his option for sitting. "I am a bit peckish. Perhaps we can share a sweet treat too?"

years old 67 posts PM
PLAYED BY kimmy
so baby pull me closer
Frey wondered in reality, ow close he and Seren had actually become. What were the pinkette’s feelings on the matter? Frey wanted to be safe. He had set aside boundaries for new friendships like this. But Seren was already so familiar with him. He couldn’t tell if it was because they were close, or because the man was naturally a good person. He felt a twinge of sympathy remembering the man had only recently moved to Mythril City too and had said himself he didn’t know many people. Hopefully that had changed already. If not, he’d do his best to spend more time with him. Mythril City was intimidating if you hadn’t grown up in it. He couldn’t quite push himself enough to offer the comfort that Seren did, but he would do what he could for a friend. Besides once he got over the jitters, this wasn’t so bad.

He nodded slightly as Seren spoke to show he was listening. “That’s right, you’re a globetrotter huh?” he said, a hint of longing in his voice. Mythril was great but if it was the only place you ever lived in, you tended to develop a curiosity for other places. Frey had asked for an overseas assignment, if possible. But considering how new he was and how very limited his skills still were, it was incredibly doubtful he would be moving anytime soon. But he was on a list somewhere and he was hopeful. He would continue to develop whatever skills Pandora needed from him. His department was incredibly flexible after all. It was why he’d chosen it in the first place. Also, operations might’ve actually killed him.

He stopped breathing for a moment as he glanced away from the intricate design the fabric to Seren’s eyes. That-that look! He felt like he was on the spot now. His heart rate began accelerating a bit. “I-I should be saying the same to you!” Frey returned before averting his eyes as a red emblazoned itself onto his cheeks. He didn’t feel the urge to run but he still felt hot. He was undeserving of the praise really. This guy was just too sweet sometimes. It was hard to adjust to it. The boy let out a laugh in agreement, eyes on the table as he spoke. “Yeah, I grew up here and I still can’t get used to it. I uh live in an apartment complex instead of a house so there’s less shoveling snow now.” As they sat down a waiter came quickly enough to greet them, bringing menus as well. “I wouldn’t mind sharing. They’ve got some large desserts on the menu. Like…um…” he trailed off as e scanned for the item. “Here. Chocolate lava cake. You get one but it’s kind of filling and thick so I’ve never actually finished one by myself.” His eyes continued running through the menu. “If you want, you can try what I’m having too.” Frey offered.
seren doe
years old 50 posts PM
PLAYED BY michi
It wasn't hard for Seren to usually make friends no, or acquaintances at the very least, but he did usually hold himself at some sort of arms length knowing that he usually didn't stay in one place for very long. Imagine how lonely that was really. He tried not to think too hard on it. With Frey however he was having a really really terribly hard time trying to keep the young man at that sort of distance he usually held people at. Always there just at the line of true and utter attachment, never crossing it. Just enough he was for people to get what they needed from his guiding hands. He was the training wheels for the bike you were learning to ride for the first time....and once your training wheels were no longer needed, you didn't miss those training wheels did you? No. Not really. That was the impression Seren made. Helpful to get you where you needed to be but once done, in a blink you wouldn't really miss him.

But did he miss the people he met? Oh yes. All the time. But such was apart of his life and so he tried his very best not to complain about it. Instead he poured his heart into his hobbies to keep his mind going...and at times found himself crying at the most random of moments. How silly!! Really!! And annoying!! To be working on a perfectly good scrap book page and ruing the pretty ink he was doodling in with salty tears. Gosh, how clumsy of him. How silly to cry. He should be happy! So happy! They were better off having met him were they not? Yes yes and so then he'd have to scrap the page and start a new and pretend like it never happened.

Lonely. So lonely. But you'd never suspect it from the smile on that sweet face, the laughter that infected your system, the joy that seemed to radiate from his core that simply could not be touched with such melancholy when it projects such seemingly pure bright feeling.

That said it sort of .....hurt him to hear that longing in Frey's voice because it pulled at his own feeling of longing that seemed to develop around the young man. Not good. Not good, not good. But he shoved his feelings aside and tried to concentrate solely on Frey, reaching to rub gently at his shoulder as if to try and assure him he was here. Here with him and no where else right now and right here was where he wanted to be. Where he was needed. He allowed the conversation to continue waving a hand gently at Frey for his fussing over who should have done this or that about waiting and the cold because it was moot now wasn't it? They were inside and they could stay happily warm and they were going to get coffee and surely that would warm the chill all the more.

Though hearing some of Frey's past, even the smallest tid bit that he had grown up here in Maine had Seren smiling so widely, and immediately the image of little Frey in a full on snow suit came to mind. "Is that so? Do you wish to move else where then?" He asked, curious as to why Frey stayed if he disliked the cold so. "What keeps you here?" Head tilting so slightly before Frey brought up lava cakes and oh oh. Yes. That sounded absolutely fantastic. "I wouldn't at all mind sharing a lava cake with you Frey." He agreed with a smile, "I'll be fine. I'm sure the place has a wonderful menu." He said as he looked down at the little menu already on the table. "You know though, I quite enjoy snow shoveling. It is kind of fun to me, so if you ever need help, you have a shovel buddy." Seren offered, sneaking a look up at the young man. "You know I don't think I have asked you where you work at yet Frey. What do you do for work?"

years old 67 posts PM
PLAYED BY kimmy
so baby pull me closer
Frey looked up from his skimming at the question. He opened his mouth to answer before closing it once more to think it over. “Well, sometimes I kinda wish I lived somewhere else but I’m comfortable here. I think until I ravel a bit more I don’t want to commit to moving out of here.” He explained as h tapped the menu gently. “Maybe someday. Not right now. I dunno.” He added with a small, uncertain laugh. He’d been so focused on getting by after skipping college he hadn’t actually thought about moving. He could get by on Pandora’s salary. Quitting that to move to a place they might not have a branch in would be too difficult. He liked eating too much to quit that cushy kind of job. Even if he was just a secretary sometimes. It was better than nothing.

“I just grew up here so I like it. It’s familiar and it’s still a big city so it’s not like I get bored too often.” He shrugged a bit, smiling back at his friend. He nodded quickly at Seren. “Great, you’re gonna love it. Especially with the cold outside.” He replied. They were going to have a lovely coffee date and share lava cake and fuck the beginning of this because wow everything was so much smoother now. Why did he always have such shitty starts to spending time with this guy? Something to work on in anticipation for the next time. Frey snickered at his friend before raising his eyebrows at the man. “Really? I hated it. My sister always refused to help me. She still does.” The young man complained. He rolled his eyes at the thought of his younger sister. He loved her, but sometimes she really was incredibly spoiled. But that had been his fault. “I’ll hit you up for the holidays then. Unless you’re visiting family or something. Mine always gathers at my parent’s house and they have this big lawn right? So there’s always a lot to shovel.” He smiled at the thought of having some actual help. “There’s some homemade hot chocolate for you if you commit Seren~” he added in a sing song voice.

“Seriously though. The fam likes having everyone’s friends over during winter so it’s ok if you want to visit.” Frey said trying to be genuine with the guy. Just in case Seren actually was going to spend Christmas alone he wanted to at least offer him to come over. He liked crafts a lot s his mom would definitely appreciate it. The idea pleased him anyway. He perked up once more at the next question. “Oh! ME well, I, uh, I work for this government organization.” He had no clue if it could really could as a government organization but hell, he would figure it out somehow. “It gets a lot of funding and kinda deals with immigration. I’m currently a pad intern while I’m training until they bump me up for full career.” It wasn’t lying if it was technically true. He wasn’t sure of how exactly Pandora got its money but it did. It had to be somehow related to the government. Just not a very well-known part of it. Practically nonexistent. Unless someone knew where to look. That and Frey had never actually bothered figuring it out either. He had been happy enough to get the recommendation for the job.He looked up from his menu once more, this time to address the server that had come to take their orders. “I’ll have a hot mocha latte with whipped cream, and a Mediterranean salad please.”
seren doe
years old 50 posts PM
PLAYED BY michi
Seren could only nod, crystal colored eyes ever focused on his new and dear friend one because it was rude he thought to not have eye contact when talking to someone and two because eye contact was a way to form a connection, a bond. They say if you see someone looking directly at you in conversation it made way for a sense of trust, made you seem reliable and those were things he very much wanted Frey to see him as. Trust, friendship, bonds, and reliability were strong magic of their own to pave the path of his work....and oh there was such work to be done but he was pleased that in these new moments Frey didn't feel as anxiety ridden as he had before. He seemed a little more at ease. He knew his touch probably had a great deal to do with it, but still it was nice to see Frey seeming a little more comfortable in his skin as they say.

"You've all the time in the world." He said with a nod after Frey finished explaining that he was not yet ready to leave his dear home city. Understandable it was. Traveling, new places, they could be rather scary intimidating things for those who didn't feel prepared or ready for it. For Seren he had been doing it so long it stopped phasing him but he could remember a time in which he had been....anxious himself about traveling to a new city, meeting new people. Everywhere he went he was always one to stand out, what with that pink hair and mix matched eyes of his, so pale skin considering where he had turned up in physical form. He could never escape the whisper of sorcery.

It had been going well from the get go to Seren, this coffee date of theirs. Frey was by all counts too cute for this city, this world really, terribly endearing man but sitting down, talking to him with out the silly hindrance of glass was indeed a plus, and he was very much enjoying talking to him. He hardly thought any of their other meetings had been shitty either. He had gotten to meet silly bones and silly bones he got to mess with through their rather...well...he shouldn't call it flirty texting. That was not professional at all. But he got that and he so enjoyed it and the gym? Hardly bad there either seeing as he got Frey into the pool with him. Cute and flustered and wet....oh he was having such a hard time here.

The invitation to come help shovel during the winters though, oh it brought a wide and bright smile blossoming on Seren's shinning features, and he wondered for a moment if he was kidding because he certainly would not leave Frey to fend for himself on a snowy lawn like that sister of his, lovely as he was sure she was but still. No sir. Give him five minutes if that really with his sister and he'd have her whistling while she willingly worked. So he laughed so softly at the bribery of home made hot chocolate, mix matched eyes practically sparkling with the promise of it. "I am never one to turn down home made hot chocolate...though give me five minutes with your sister and I'll have her happily shoveling snow along with us." He said, giving the younger man a wink, "I'm a rather good people person." As if that explained his tricks to charm.

"We could make snow angels and snowmen even! Ah! I would very much like to take you on this offer of snowy lawn wonderland, hot chocolate, and to meet your lovely family Frey." He gushed, honestly rather humbled that Frey even offered though they talked much on text and sometimes it felt as though he had known Frey a little longer than they had actually made friends, it was a sweet surprise to have such an offer from him. "I've no family other than my friends, so this invitation, oh it means very much to me." He explained, not trying to be a downer by any means but surely it would come up at some point if not just to say now, that he had no family. None living that is. Unless you counted the few tarots of his deck he was friendly with.

As the topic changed to his career choice, Seren listened intently, very curious as to what got Frey so busy and when he said a government job his brows rose in both surprise and admiration. At the note of it being with immigrants he smiled lightly, wondering a moment...but no. Surely it could not be. "I have a friend who does something of that himself. The very friend I came to town initially just to visit." He said with a fond smile before reaching over to poke playfully at Frey's hand. "You seem like such a hard worker, I am very sure it will pay off for you. I do hope you enjoy your work as well. That is very important." This said with a knowing nod, crystal colored eyes shifting upward as their server, gave Frey a brief glance as he ordered then looked right back to the server. "Oh that mocha latte sounds divine, I think I'll have one too aaand~ I think I will take the vegetarian pita roll please." He asked, handing his menu to the server before he laced his fingers together atop their table.

years old 67 posts PM
PLAYED BY kimmy
so baby pull me closer
He felt like he was getting better at holding prolonged eye contact with Seren. Every so often he would have to glance away just to keep himself sane, but overall it was better now. Substantially better than other times at least. His need to fidget has lessened now that he knew the guy a bit more. Frey laughed, nodding at his friend’s words. “Yeah, with any luck I’ll get a trip or assignment overseas soon enough.” He rested his face in his hands before adding, “Don’t really get much choice on where they send me, but it’s sure to be interesting.” Most would say Mythril City was the most interesting you could get, with all the supernatural activity that hid in the city’s streets, but he was human. That shit went right by him. Even if he was aware of it, it wasn’t like he could sense magical presences like his colleagues.

Frey was surprised at how excited Seren seemed to be at the prospect of helping him shovel his parent’s driveway. It made him happy that he had even offered. He snickered at the wink thrown his way, despite his heart pumping a little faster in his chest. Rolling his eyes, he grinned at his companion. “Charming me and now my sister? You’re awful, Seren.” Frey teased before letting out a snort. “And here I was starting feel a little special~” he added. He immediately stopped teasing as Seren began rambling happily. He was stunned for a moment before he felt himself grow warmer. He had truly underestimated how well Seren would take to being asked to do manual labor, of all things. “Of course we could! Hell, if- if you’re up for it we can dig up a couple sleds in the garage and find a hill to go down on.” Frey added trying to match the pinkette’s enthusiasm. It was kind of endearing how happy it made him. And who was Frey not to indulge him further? Shit he would go out and buy chestnuts to roast on a grill or something if he needed too. “Do you like winter?”

His bright smile softened at the revelation and Frey only felt more thankful he had even suggested Seren come over for the holidays. Poor guy. His family had always been pretty close knit. He couldn’t imagine not being able to go back to them during the holidays. The boy refrained from asking what his friend’s circumstances were, not wanting to bring up unpleasant memories. “Don’t mention it. I’m happy you’re so excited. I wanted to do something for you anyway so, it works out.” He blurted happy to have helped. More than happy anyway. Plans buzzed in his head as he began making small mental notes of how he would pull this off. He’d have to let the family know as soon as he got home. “But you know, if you get kinda down and need a ‘family’ member you can always call me. We can work something out if you want or need to…ok?” He hoped he sounded genuine. He smiled, awkward about the offer and unsure how it sounded. Frey reached over to give one of Seren’s hands a quick squeeze and hoped he was convincing.

The gesture had been made with good intentions, but suddenly it made him nervous again and he felt his chest tighten a little. Had that been too much? Would he be misunderstood? Crap. His eyes darted from the man’s hand to his face once more suddenly very self-conscious. Frey looked down at the table, practically frozen in his seat. ’Friends, very nice friends. Good friends. Not best friends but on really good terms friends. Friends, friends, friends.’ he reminded himself silently. He felt something else in his chest squeeze once more.

Still, he perked up to the mention of Seren’s original friend, happy to focus on something other than his own thoughts. He was curious at the mention of them working similar jobs. Or fields. “Them too?” he wondered aloud. He flushed a little more at the poke, grinning again though this one more childish than coy. “Ahh, I gotta be. I was recommended for the job…and the training. My superiors are also very helpful so I want to be of assistance to them.” He explained. “Your friend, do you happen to remember where he works at? Maybe one of my bosses has worked with them.”
seren doe
✒ he tried. i tried. we all tried. and no one can fault us for it.
years old 50 posts PM
PLAYED BY michi
It had not gone unnoticed, the ease that seemed to slowly trickle in with Frey being able to hold his gaze longer, and it only made Seren happier. He hoped though, to be able to help him do this with more than just him because he was sure if Frey did this with him that there had to be other people too and oh gosh he just shouldn't have to do that. This lovely little flower that was Frey deserved to have the confidence of a full bloom. He knew it was in there, else wise where did that confident Silly Bones come from? See? He just had to help him. Stepping stones though, because if he could do it with him then the idea was, then he could learn to easier do it with anyone.

He didn't know if Frey seemed too happy about the idea of being made to travel sooner than later but, he let it be so not to trouble the poor dear if it was the case that he was nervous about it. Instead he made a mental note to be sure to visit him if he was made to travel because if anything, what were friend for in a time of need and wasn't always nice to see a friendly face in a crowd of unfamiliars? What better way to feel a little more at ease? It seemed like a nice thing to do for him, especially with how he was sure Frey would grow to just be all the more endearing to him and anyone he befriended or helped Seren was always willing to go a little beyond for them. Either way he tucked it in mind to simply have to do or talk about another time should it come up again or did actually happen during his stay here. but if he were only a wee cadet he could only imagine there would be some time cushion.

Ah, the grin he got was a lovely thing to behold on Frey's so handsome face, dare say it affected Seren's heart in it's own way. Ways that he would not speak of. Nope. Ways he would not acknowledge. Double nope. His turn to grin though, at Frey's teasing him for being too charming, though special? Oh yes. Frey was special. Every lovely soul he met that needed his help more than others was terribly special. There was no extra sort of level of special. Lies. Before he could touch on it though, like Frey he was swept up at Frey's sweetness. Seren's smile softened and he was honestly very touched by Frey's concern, his offer. Genuine, he did very much so sound and even more so when he reached to hold Seren's hand. Mix matched eyes dipped to his covered hand while his heart fluttered in a way he could not acknowledge.

While Frey had to repeat his little mantra in his head, Seren had to do much the same...except give him an inch it seemed with Frey....and you know how the saying went. And there it indeed went as he brushed his thumb back and forth in a slow sweet caress over Frey's skin, those crystal clear mix matched eyes slowly raising to peer at Frey as he gave him a so warm and heart felt smile. "You are a treasure Frey, truly. I very much appreciate your kindness." He murmured, his tone holding its own soft and heavy feel of how genuine he felt in those words given back to his friend all the while, daring to not move his hand even as his mind screamed that he should while the other half of his mind tried to rationalize not moving his hand.

He watches as Frey's gaze darted all over and thought perhaps he should take his hand away but no no, he did not wish to make Frey seem as though he had done something wrong or perhaps it was his added affection that had the man so flustered and....should he? The pinkette decided to hold out a moment longer, figuring that perhaps if Frey was truly uncomfortable he'd take his hand away on his own accord and in the mean time Seren smiled at the change of topic and nodded at his piped interest a the topic of his friend. Though as he rattled on about his own superiors Seren's smile widened, delighted to hear that he was supported well in his career. "That makes me happy to hear." He said....though as asked where he worked for Seren paused a moment because what was he to say about that? Perhaps simply lie and say he forgot the name but that seemed so silly because surely something like that would be very easy and specific to remember if it were some sort of branch of government so instead he went with, "Oh well, if they had, they would surely know him. Longwei is very impressionable in his work. Longwei Sung is his name, very unique man too if you ever pass him. White hair, very tall, violet contacts...." But of course they weren't actually contacts and in front of humans Longwei was always sure to use a glamour to make his eyes look more natural....if only because rules and such that Pandora laid out.

years old 67 posts PM
PLAYED BY kimmy
so baby pull me closer
He had been trying to be a good friend. A helpful friend. He has just wanted to return some of the niceness he’d felt from Seren because it wasn’t fair for Seren to be the only one to give. So Frey had tried to give. And in the process of doing that he’d forgotten much of how their first meeting had been. Shit, that was a lie. He knew exactly how that had gone and he had been trying to suppress it. That awful flirting side of him that leaked out in text messages. He had kept going because it had been so well received but he should’ve stopped when he was ahead instead of continuing. He had had an inkling the last time they had met. Just a small sudden thought about his new friend that maybe he wasn’t being so friendly towards Seren. He was and had continued to be flirtatious and now he was in a position where he had to make a choice. He couldn’t continue this playful flirting. It wasn’t fair to anyone to act that way. They hadn’t actually spoken or addressed it either so he could smell the miscommunication already. He wanted to avoid that.

But maybe he was stressing over nothing. As Seren listened to him another thought occurred that this was most likely one sided. That was fine. He was ok with that. It made sense anyway. He had started this whole mess after all. Seren hadn’t exactly encouraged it. At least, it wasn’t very clear one way or the other. But it had brought amusement to the older man and that had made Frey happy enough. Any sensible rational thinking young man would’ve stopped before they got hurt, but Frey wasn’t being rational at all. Rational thinking was not what had pushed him so far in the first place.

He sat utterly electrified. He was more shocked than he thought he could be. He really, truly had wanted to help. That had been his motivation and he wanted to believe it had been selfless of him to offer what he did. But just the utter pleasure he got Seren looking at him of all people was enough to make him doubt himself. If he had known this would happen, he wouldn’t have hesitated in offering himself up for the holidays. Frey felt trapped once more, unable to move or even look away. His hand tingle with each caress and he began to ear that steady beat of his heart thumping louder and louder in his chest. Shit. Shit was right. He’d done this to himself and now there wasn’t a way out. Frey’s face lit up and he closed his mouth unsure of what to say. How did you respond to something like that? What did being a treasure even mean? Frey’s mind jumped to the most positive conclusion before he quickly pushed that aside. Now was not the time to entertain those kinds of thoughts. Not if he wanted to be able to speak again. They had just gotten here he couldn’t think about things that would make him want to run. So he wouldn’t. For now. Because honestly that was really exciting in the worst kinds of ways? Well not worst but embarrassing. Shit fuck. Stop thinking about things Frey. “Thank you…” he managed quietly. That was a safe enough response.

He didn’t move his hand away either, wanting to see how long Seren would hold out. Instead the boy looked up at their waiter who had come back with their lattes. So much whipped cream!! And that chocolate drizzle, bless this place. Frey thanked the waiter, this time his voice clearer and louder than before. He took the drink with his other hand setting it down carefully. He could still see the steam blowing off of it. He’d wait a moment before drinking. As their gracious waiter left, Frey quietly held Seren’s hand not wanting to let go yet.

Frey nodded to let him know he as listening as he watched the steam roll off his coffee cup. His heart had begun beating in his ears but if he could hold off looking at Seren for a little bit he would be fine. At the mention of a specific name, Frey seemed to freeze but not in the ecstatic way he’d frozen before. This was more nervous. That name. He recognized it well enough. He didn’t particularly like the man it belonged to. Seren really was too nice. He was friends with even that guy. How? No, no. He honestly didn’t want to know. “Sounds a little familiar…I’ll have to ask around the office.” He replied, trying to relax again. He wasn’t looking forward to that conversation honestly. Fuck that guy. He mulled it over, distractedly raising his cup carefully to his mouth to take a sip before regretting it and quickly setting it back down. Frey coughed into his sleeve as the coffee scalded his tongue. “H-Hot! Shat!” he hissed like an idiot. “Dun dwink it yet.” he added giving Seren a worried look.
seren doe
✒ hope this is ok!!

years old 50 posts PM
PLAYED BY michi
He wasn't at all fair was he? Well what was the point in asking or pondering he knew he wasn't being fair here. He knew it and he felt horrible for it and oh god he was going to crush this poor man's soul. It was suffocating feeling it honestly was but even stuck in the storm, his air escaping his lungs, he couldn't let go of him. Selfish. So disgustingly selfish of him. He thought, perhaps it would be best of him to simply skip town before this became a horrible mess but then of course everything mechanically kicked into place with the denial game. This was nothing this was him offering comfort there was nothing going on here. Nothing could go on here and Frey was just asserting his confidence in an.....odd way.

But he knew better somewhere in the back of his mind he felt better but still he was so horrible selfish in keeping his hand in Frey's. He felt like perhaps he was failing his job, he was failing wasn't he? Was he really helping here? He so desperately wanted to ask the longer they seemed to play this game. A game not yet long played but oh it was being played with out any sort of resistance and sweet Frey might be sweet in person but those texts of his was another story. He couldn't bring himself to think it though. That Frey wanted him, he couldn't even dare to think that sentence even if all things pointed to it, if all things pointed to how Seren felt about the young man, how he wanted to allow himself to feel for him.

So he couldn't help his part in this game...well rather he refused to help this part in their game. He did not confess to his feelings he should not be feeling, but he did not at all deflect Frey's advances, nay he seemed to encourage them by not deflecting because to not deflect meant it was welcome even if not spoken so? But then here it left Frey, confused and unsure feeling as thought he were stepping onto a slippery slope that could lead him no where but falling and rolling and slipping down the damned him the moment he stepped wrong and found that this path was not a path he should have been on at all.

He noticed it, in his aura, the change. Nervous. Longwei's name made him nervous and if Seren wasn't as ancient as he was he would have frowned but, he was old and learned in keeping his face straight, or at least smiling softly in this case. He wanted to ask if he knew him but he knew better and so when Frey opted in simply replying with that he would ask around, Seren had his own thoughts to ask Longwei if he knew a darling young man by the name of Frey. He made a note to do so later, as being on his phone with company he deemed rather rude to said company. He disliked greatly when young people seemed to do it so often. Did they not know how short life was for them? Did they not realize that something before them could be so easily taken away the next day and here they were with this head down eyes on a phone? Annoying.

So lost in thought he had been for the moment he had not realized Frey had gone right to trying to take a sip from his steaming cup, so when Frey began to cough, Seren blinked and jumped so slightly before the look of concern bled into those beautifully masculine features. "Oh Frey!" He explained softly, squeezing his hand, displeased that he had nothing on him magically that could sooth such a burn. "I assure you I will wait to touch it." He said quickly, giving the young man's hand another squeeze as he seemed to grow worried that Seren would follow in his lead of burning his tongue. Poor sweet man. "I wish there was something I can do. Is it burned badly?" He asked, mix matched eyes dipping to look down at those...lips, a small frown forming at his features all over one part because he wanted to think more of those lips, then because he shouldn't, and finally of course unhappy to think Frey was hurt.

years old 67 posts PM
PLAYED BY kimmy
so baby pull me closer
It had gotten quieter just then and Frey half regretted holding onto Seren’s hand for so long. Was it bad that wouldn’t stop? He had never been a particularly affectionate person, much less with friends. At least, he hadn’t really held a friend’s hand since elementary school and even then, he was forced to stop when he turned 11. Boys just didn’t hold hands. Unless, well, that. That which Frey was incredibly guilty of even if he didn’t want to admit it. He couldn’t verbalize it anyway. No, that was too embarrassing. He didn’t even want to consider it, true or not. While he enjoyed holding hands, as insignificant as it was, he couldn’t help but fight with that inner doubt. That maybe he should stop because maybe Seren was the more uncomfortable one. Even if his hands didn’t feel uncomfortable, they just felt warm.

His pulse hadn’t slowed. It was still consistently drumming loudly in his ears and there was still a bead of sweat crawling down his back. He was still anxious and nervous and excited all at once. It was lame. He was lame. Who got this excited of something so small? He did apparently because today was just not the day to be rational about anything. He didn’t care about himself too much but making his companion uncomfortable was a different story entirely. Though he didn’t act like he was uncomfortable. That much he could glean from how the pinkette reacted to idiot Frye burning his tongue on coffee he’d KNOWN was boiling hot. As Seren offer comfort Frey tried not to faint. He felt every squeeze around his heart and it flustered him to no end. He needed to calm down. At the very least assure Seren enough so he could calm down. Frey paused in the middle of fanning his mouth to offer an awkward smile. Quietly, he intertwined his fingers with Seren’s. “S-Sowehh…yeh, jus’ ‘calded et uh bit.” He explained, closing his mouth to rub his tongue against his teeth as he tried to relieve some of the sting. “S’fine. Tha onleh thing yuh can do is kehss et better at thiss point.” Frey stated distractedly.

He opened his mouth to add something else before snapping it back shut and offering a nervous grin. He’d said something stupid. That had been stupid. Incredibly stupid. Oh God. OH GOD!! He prayed Seren hadn’t understood what he had just said. He covered his mouth and bit into his tongue not caring if it worsened the impeding cold sore that would pop up later. “So-Sorry.” He mumbled out forcefully once enough time had passed and his tongue began the numbing slightly. It had just slipped out. He’d spoken aloud and now it was going to cost him. At this point though, what dignity did he actually have left? Pathetic really. This was just unreal levels of unsmooth. If someone could do him the favor of keeping him from saying dumb things in front of attractive people that would be really fucking appreciated.

Quick, change the subject you idiot. He tried his best to be casual about it. “Seren…” he began slowly trying to speak more clearly than before. “Have you given any thought to that favor I owe you?”
seren doe
✒ hope this is ok!!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply