Add Reply

Morning Walk, open
years old 23 posts PM
PLAYED BY Frey

Winter was in full swing in Mythril, which meant ice and snow and busting out the heavy coats so they didn't all freeze their asses off. Not that any of that seemed to slow the girls down, as both Bree and Fiona took off the second Ashe let them off their leashes. Snickering to himself, the redhead took up a post on the nearest bench to keep an eye on them, watching the two greyhounds prance and play in the fresh morning snow.

While it wasn’t too horrendously early, the park remained mostly quiet and empty at the moment, and most other visitors kept to themselves, relatively far apart from one another. Not that this stopped either of the dogs from taking an interest in someone when they got too close, racing up to circle and sniff at the individual curiously. Muttering a curse under his breath, Ashe bounded after them, whistling sharply to divert their attention and call them back to his side.

“Hey! Sorry about that,” the redhead greeted, tacking on a grin while he put his dogs back on their leashes. Better safe than sorry, in case the person happened to dislike dogs for some unfathomable reason. “They’re usually pretty good about not bothering anybody, but…” He shrugged.

@open

pls be nice to the doggos
years old 8 posts PM
PLAYED BY thegrimlich
In a foreign field he lay; lonely soldier, unknown grave. On his dying words he prays, “Tell the world of Paschendale…”
Ah, winter. The snow falling reminded Ivan of home; it was why he still lived in these northern regions. His grin was as broad as could be, and even though it was cold he refused to wear a coat just yet. Even long sleeves were a bit iffy, but he'd already committed. Besides, he wasn't working today. They weren't about to get torn off by people who decided to try and involve the bartender in a fight.

But dogs... well, dogs didn't really have that kind of decorum. Not that he minded, when the two dears bounded up to him and circled him. He lowered his hands for them to sniff before scratching one behind the ears. As their owner came running up, he laughed. His laugh was jolly and infectious, and even as the dogs went back to their whistling master, he couldn't help but laugh harder. "Oh, it is no bother! They are very sweet." He walked over and patted the other one on the head, smiling. "Trust me, you do not need to apologize for the dogs. They are simply excited dears. And so long as they are not working, what harm is it for them to be playing, tak?"

He cleared his throat, glancing down at them. "What are their names?" It suddenly struck him that his accent sounded a little thicker than usual. Ah well.
ashe dermott — tagged
"ivan is a dog person" — noted
years old 23 posts PM
PLAYED BY Frey
Even tethered, the pair of greyhounds lost not an ounce of energy, their tails wagging hard enough to shake their entire bodies, and ears perked forward eagerly. They knew better than to bark or jump, but that was where the training stopped unless Ashe signalled otherwise. And, once he saw the other man was unbothered by the sudden intrusion into his morning, he figured it would be alright if he didn’t put a stop to the girls’ friendly curiosity.

While the dogs still nosed at their new best friend of the hour for more petting, Ashe answered, “Eh, you never know with some people, but thanks for understanding and all.” He offered a bright grin. “Always nice when they can make a new buddy.” Nodding to each in turn, he added, “The brindle is called Bree, and the blue is Fiona.”

Eventually, as the initial excitement died down a bit, recognition dawned and a more knowing smile formed on Ashe’s face. “So, they let you guys out every now and then after all, yeah?” Though they didn’t always interact during his visits, he did at least know the bartender of Sister Margaret’s when he saw him. “Been wondering about that, and whether they just stuck you in storage during the day.” Admittedly, he wasn’t the best with subtlety, but that seemed vague enough to be safe, what with the not talking about fight club and all. Or was that just in the movie…?

ivan czerniy

Considering Ashe shows up at Sister Margaret’s pretty frequently, I figured they might be at least vaguely acquainted, but I can edit that part out if you’d prefer. Just let me know. ^u^
years old 8 posts PM
PLAYED BY thegrimlich
In a foreign field he lay; lonely soldier, unknown grave. On his dying words he prays, “Tell the world of Paschendale…”
Ivan let out a hearty laugh at that suggestion, scratching Fiona behind the ears. "Nie, nie... I have an apartment in the Ironworks district. It is nice, and very cheap, and most importantly I do not have to go far to work. Also... the rough neighborhood helps me to keep in shape, tak?" At that, Ivan knelt down on one knee, so he could be closer to eye level with the two dogs.

Ivan continued to lavish attention upon the dogs, each one getting one of his big hands scratching and petting them like no tomorrow. "Although I wish the apartment did not have a no pets policy. It is not like I cannot afford one that allows pets, but I like my current arrangements. After all, where else can one get into a fistfight with a heroin dealer without the police being called? Outside of work, of course; there are rules regarding how far you can go at the good Sister's, and I always feel the urge to go just a little further with those types."

Ivan did his best to cuddle both dogs at once, clearly very happy to be on the receiving end of canine attention.
ashe dermott — tagged
"ivan doesn't really do discretion" — noted
years old 23 posts PM
PLAYED BY Frey

No subtlety required. Or almost none, at the very least. Got it. Still, it was hard for Ashe to keep the disbelief from his grin while Ivan discussed his living arrangements. The man certainly knew what he liked, didn’t he? Truth be told, if he didn’t have his girls to take care of, he probably would have ended up in a similar place himself. A fresh smirk split his features. “Fair point, yeah. Nothing like an easy commute and free punching bags.”

Under the attention of their new best friend, Bree and Fiona could barely contain themselves. Never once did their happily wagging tails slow, and each leaned eagerly to every ounce of petting they received, responding in kind with small, excited noises and friendly licks to whatever part of the man came close enough. Ivan, they seemed to have decided, was a very good person to receive attention from.

Despite the fact that the question posed to him was more than likely rhetorical, Ashe still seemed to consider it a moment before offering a shrug in reply. “Okay, you got me there,” he chuckled, entirely unfazed by the implications of “taking it further”. “Can’t say I blame you. With a nod to his still very much happy dogs, he added, [b]“Careful not to get in too deep, yeah? I think you’d break the girls’ hearts if you got yourself offed, at this point.” Even as he said it, it was clear enough Ashe was more teasing than he was genuinely worried by the idea.

ivan czerniy
years old 8 posts PM
PLAYED BY thegrimlich
"Hahaha!" Ivan grinned. "It is all right. Unless they are suddenly also wizards or demons, the drug dealers do not stand much of a chance. It is, as they say, a rather one-sided fight." He flexed an arm. "After all, a son of Perun must have skin like a mountain, tak?"

Ivan smiled at Bree and Fiona, whispering a few things to them in Polish (mostly asking if they were being good girls and to make sure they took care of Ashe). "Ah, it warms my heart to be around such good dogs. And so well-looked-after as well, you must be a very good papa to them, Ashe. But I will still watch myself for their sake. And if you are ever in need of a dog-sitter, I believe I can give you my cell phone number in order to take the job. Speaking of the job, however, I do not believe I saw you last week. Did something come up?"
ashe dermott — tagged
"could be something, could be nothing, could be he was only there on ivan's days off" — noted
years old 23 posts PM
PLAYED BY Frey

Considering the nature of the city, Ashe wouldn’t have been surprised at all to learn that there were quite a few wizards, or demons, or what have you, who dealt in drugs… but even then it didn’t seem like he had much to worry about in Ivan’s case. “I guess that’s true,” he conceded with a nod.

Had they been able to answer aloud, Bree and Fiona might have told Ivan that they were, in fact, very good girls, and taking care of their humanized friend was what they did best. The uptick in the wagging of their tails and a few extra licks would have to do.

“Well, I’m definitely doing the best I can.” A hand reach to ruffle the fur around each greyhound’s shoulders in turn. “They deserve that much.” Admittedly he took better care of the dogs than himself, but that was neither here nor there was it?

Beyond that, Ivan’s offer proved far more important, even if it had been unexpected. “Ivan,” he answered seriously, “I think that’s maybe the best thing anyone has offered in at least the last decade. I’d really appreciate it.” Then, a shrug. “Oh, yeah… It wasn’t anything big, really. A friend called in a favor, so I went to help ‘em out.”

ivan czerniy
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply