user cp messages alerts
ACTIVITY CHECK, ENDS OCTOBER 8

OPEN-LORE

MODERN FANTASY

est. june 2015
travel to a city more wonderful and whimsical than you could ever imagine. as a haven for the supernatural, some several centuries old now, mythril city is filled to the brim with witches and creatures of all kinds. they live here in secret, content to make their own lives—yet in such a menagerie of creatures, it’s no surprise that there’s drama around every corner. chaos theory focuses on casual roleplay and member-driven plots, so come, join the chaos.

CREDITS

first opened as cherry city riot on june 12th 2015. reopened as chaos theory on june 11th 2016. forum conceptualised and led by valka and murk with inspiration from various tv shows and games. skinned by valka exclusively for chaos theory - do not rip or steal. banner art by swd3e2. icon macros come from fontawesome. customised code area made by nicole of shine. all characters, concepts and posts are intellectual property of their original creators and should not be stolen. theft will not be tolerated.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

HALLOWEEN HORROR, game thread
years old 3 posts PLAYED BY UNKNOWN PM
posted Oct 9 2017, 02:33 AM ( )
HALLOWEEN HORROR
You wake to the dry tickle of dead grass that crunches beneath you as you stand and the fog sulking across the clearing sticks to your lungs so that, despite being under a low, yellow moon, the air smells of mold and drags cold, wet, fingers down your neck. It stretches behind you for what seems like miles, flat and dead, until the mass of shadows making up a brambled, foreboding forest, blocks your view.

But what pulls your attention to the center of the clearing is a large and twisting tree. No leaves shield its grey and gnarled bark but from one of its branches, a lower one that’s large until it splinters into a web of boney sprigs, hangs a single needle-eyed rope that seems to sway despite the dead air around you. It’s highlighted duly with the moon’s pale light and as you walk toward it you notice the dark of night turn to a dim twilight. Though it’s from no sun, as you look towards the sky the moon remains, its glow as sick as ever behind the dark, suffocating fog.

It’s then you notice other figures, rising, sore and moaning like you. Some begin to wander towards the tree. Others remain where they stand though you all hear the prickling voice snaking its way through your ears. Welcome, It’s quiet, like a whisper though you hear it clear and pronounced.

Do not be alarmed, this is a game. One of intrigue and betrayal. And, if you want to get home, one you have to play. You see, among you is a murderer, and once a night one of you will be murdered. Those that want to get home will have to figure out who to blame or when the moon wanes, the killer will kill again and the cycle will start anew and you’ll have to try again, and again, until the killer is found, or they’re the only one left.

For ‘today’ though, I’ll let you get acquaintanced, but I wouldn’t get too close, there is a killer among you, after all :)
years old 14 posts PLAYED BY tactician PM
posted Oct 9 2017, 08:29 PM ( )
Eir stumbles as she rises to her feet, pale skin and pale hair muddied from the muck she'd been lying in. Slowly she limps her way to the gnarled tree, and sits crosslegged against its roots. Her red eyes fixed on the swinging noose, she grasps her crucifix in her hand and begins to chant softly: "Ave Maria, gratia plenia..."
years old 6 posts PLAYED BY maestro PM
posted Oct 9 2017, 10:27 PM ( )
She couldn't see the others. But she could hear them. Their surroundings were lost to her, as she was blind, but the feeling of the cold ground beneath her was unnatural. She hadn't fallen asleep here. Where was she?
years old 12 posts PLAYED BY pie PM
posted Oct 10 2017, 09:15 AM ( )
he stands, quiet, noiseless, and moves as such; pale eyes linger on the crooked, gnarled tree and its frayed noose. one step -- two -- three, he crosses to stand beside the woman with scarlet eyes. and then he asks, quietly, "do you think she hears you here?"

eir hauer
posted Oct 10 2017, 12:05 PM ( )
She looks up at him, unblinking. "... et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen," she finishes, her voice growing firmer as she speaks. Unsteady, she stands, bracing herself against rough bark so that she does not put weight on her right leg.

"The Holy Mother does not listen to me," she tells the man, "but that does not make it worthless to try." Her gaze turns to the crumpled pale body in the muck. "You should help them." A hand, gesturing to her leg. "I cannot."

aquila pace noelle bell
years old 11 posts PLAYED BY TAFFY PM
posted Oct 10 2017, 01:26 PM ( )
He shivers, rubbing his arms as he stares up at the twilight sky. "I'm not burning." he mutters shaking his head. He walks around the giant tree, nodding to the others there. "We're.. not in Mythril anymore are we?" He asks softly.

eir hauer aquila pace noelle bell
years old 8 posts PLAYED BY Dynasty PM
posted Oct 10 2017, 05:50 PM ( )
Raising to her hooved feet took a dozen tries. With each breath, the thick moldy air wrapped around her nose, her throat, her lungs like the swinging noose nearby. Panicked eyes, filled with a familiar rope-pulled-too-tight anxiety, roamed the faces around her. When the dark disembodied voice offered a greeting, the girl felt manners drive her into a deep bow. “I suppose you will not be kind enough to play with us then?” She sniffed. “Or to drop this p-preposterous talk of murder—” As she reached the tree, the little Kirin moved to lay her hand against its gnarled trunk, nostrils flared as the smell of autumn tried to override her senses. “No, sir, I do not think we’re in Mythril anymore.” Fiery brows puckered thoughtfully as two ebony claws pinched her goosepimpled skin.

A firm shake of the head seems to trigger movement in her legs as she offers her freshly-laundered hoody to the red-eyed girl. “If one of us is to die, I’d hate for them to be dirty doing it.”
posted Oct 10 2017, 05:52 PM ( )
he nods, wordless, now moving towards the figure pointed out, brushing past another as he does so. "frankly, i'm not even what the hell this is," he remarks dryly, voice equally hushed in the stagnant air.

he reaches the fallen figure and almost trips over an outstretched arm -- does not. kneels beside her instead, opposite the woman offering a hoodie. "can you stand?"

eir hauer noelle bell yuuki hayashi enfai siao
posted Oct 10 2017, 06:33 PM ( )
Noelle listened to the others talk, her thoughts running one hundred miles an hour as she laid there on the ground, eyes closed. A game, huh? A game that, if it went the way the voice most likely wanted, would result in most of them dead.

She was startled out of her mind by a voice near her, asking if she could stand. Or, well, she hoped the owner of that voice had been asking her. Opening her eyes, the clouded over red looked up to the sky, seeing nothing. She frowned slightly, tilting her head towards to source and chose to ask her own question in return. "Would you happen to see a cane nearby? If not, a sturdy stick'll do."

eir hauer aquila pace yuuki hayashi enfai siao
(just give her a stick boi)
posted Oct 10 2017, 06:47 PM ( )
He steps aside as the other man leans forward to help a lady he didn't notice was lying on the ground. At the request for a stick he walks around and picks up a branch that must've snapped from the very tree they're congregating around and brings it back to the red eyed lady. "Would this work?" he offers one end of the branch to her touching it against her palm as he braces himself on the ground to hold her weight.

"What a weird way to meet new people huh?" he forces a chuckle.

noelle bell enfai siao aquila pace eir hauer
posted Oct 10 2017, 07:19 PM ( )
Wordlessly, Eir watches the two men help the pale girl from the ground.

"One of us is a murderer," she says, raising her voice. "It seems it would be prudent for us to know each other's names." She releases her crucifix, grips her muddied skirt, and dips into a curtsy that forces a wince to her face. "I am Eir. I wish I could say it is a pleasure to meet you all."
years old 8 posts PLAYED BY Dynasty PM
posted Oct 10 2017, 11:25 PM ( )
A nearby clump of dirt moved. Eyes widened. Deer-like ears twitched. Nostrils flared. “. . .” After taking a moment to ascertain that the other woman was well, she resumed her examination of the ancient tree. Brows knit together thoughtfully. No hidden speakers. No secret doorways. Emerald eyes slide towards Yuuki, his drawing out a scolding cluck. "Humor comes to some of us in even the darkest of times, I suppose.” The forced smile that now graced her features felt frigid.

Turning towards the religious woman, Enfai offered a small curtsy of her own. Hooved feet quivered as her knees twisted at odd angles. She swallowed at the m-word, choking out an introduction of her own, “I am Enfai.” Claws scratched idly at the scales that now cluttered her neck like a skin rash. Emerald eyes dropped. “I just wished we all might have met under less—” Eyes flickered upward. “—ominous circumstances.”

eir hauer yuuki hayashi noelle bell aquila pace
posted Oct 10 2017, 11:32 PM ( )
he leaves the other man to retrieve the requested stick, straightening up once more with a mild smile on his face. "i'd rather weird than boring, i think," he admits with a wry smile. a slight incline of the head follows as he looks at the rest.

"aquila." a sharp, humorless baring of teeth. "at your service."

eir hauer noelle bell yuuki hayashi enfai siao
posted Oct 11 2017, 06:29 PM ( )
He flinches from the disapproving cluck of tongue that came from the side, a hoarse chuckle slips from his lips. "Can you blame me for wanting to keep things lighthearted?" his voice soft, unable to completely hide the shaking of his hands. "I'm Yuuki." he offers his name quietly.

eir hauer noelle bell enfai siao aquila pace
posted Oct 15 2017, 05:15 PM ( )
Two different people hand her sticks and she takes them both, feeling the severed branches up, seeing which one would be the best option for her to use. Eventually, Noelle settles for the one in her right hand, the one given to her second. "Thanks," she says, using it to help pull herself up. She keeps her eyes closed as she navigates around with the makeshift cane for a moment, getting used to it.

She hums for a moment, staying silent as the others say their names. She briefly wonders if her ice will work here, before she opens her mouth. "I'm Noelle. Like some of you have said, I wish we all could have met under better circumstances." She pauses for a second, debating telling them out right, although she hopes it had been quite obvious. "I'm blind, if you couldn't already tell."

eir hauer yuuki hayashi enfai siao aquila pace
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

HARRISON'S NO CHILL ZONE
All of Me ♥ Avalon World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Yuri Roleplay Sengoku Horizon STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP STAR WARS: IMPERIUM | an old republic rp Bleach Platinum Hearts Rise of the Believers rainbow connection Star Wars: Last Resort realm of the seven Those Among Us The White Shroud Project Genesis LAND OF TWILIGHT | A LoZ RP The Beginning