absences

IF YOU ARE GOING ON HIATUS, PLEASE LET US KNOW THE EXPECTED RETURN DATE IN THE TOPIC DESCRIPTION.

Add Reply

wee woo wee woo this is the police pull over, aka kuro dies from january to july probs
years old 0 posts PM
PLAYED BY cosmo the spacedog
user posted image
Hello everyone! To those who've been keeping up with my increasingly higher-key silent internal crying, you'll know this isn't much of a surprise. For those of you who haven't been doing that, well, it is time for me to become an official police pupper.

I'm a fourth year Criminal Justice major, and where I go to school, that means that I have finally reached the "internship semester". Specifically, that means I have been accepted to intern at our local police department (hence the footage of me chasing down a criminal), which means I'll be working a normal 40 hour work week... in addition to completing 14 individual weekly papers and one 20 page scientific journal article style original research paper. This is the semester where I am unable to take other classes, have to sign a contract preventing me from working part-time, will be moving back home with my mom, and basically will be dying from January through to May. And while I will be checking Discord often (and will be super accessible there) and checking the site at least once a day, I will confess that if I'm doing free time things, my focus will be on my own site first over Chaos Theory. Which assumes I have the energy and time given the fact Mom also wants to try to move in the summer, so it'll be two of us cleaning out the entire house and getting ready (and I'll actually be adding onto this thread with more details when I get closer and actually have some info for that).

I'm not leaving. Definitely not. This is just "hey, I'm basically going to be low-key dying over the next five to six months" for an official note, since I've been talking to valka about this for literally over a year now and murk's been in the loop officially for a few months too. Just keep all my things safe on zephyr wolfe, vaigali belton, xeena rivaldi, durandal roland, henry, and mina frasier until I can get back from arresting all the criminals. And y'know, keep in mind that I'm just going to be dying so please be patient with me until I stop.

user posted image
years old 0 posts PM
Bumping this as a reminder since I start on Thursday. May Naga have mercy on my soul.

user posted image
years old 0 posts PM
UPDATE.

i have most of my essays done by this point (i literally just need to do a fake cover letter, finish tweaks to a fake resume, and throw together the actual final research paper document), so i'm dying a bit less than i thought i would. i'm still working 40 hours a week (42 to be precise) so y'know. that's a thing that is happening. but i should be done by april 19th if all goes well.

mom's freaking out because she's put off moving to the last minute again but at least i saw it coming. but like i said, i'll do an update on that probably when things are in a cohesive timeline.

ON THE FLIP SIDE THOUGH. my computer has been a delicately balanced flower when booting up since like. december. and that balance is increasingly looking like it might tip one way or the other. so. my computer might be going to the shop at some point in the next month or two (mom wants to wait til my semester's over, but my computer may or may not give me a choice on that). while i'll have my brother's laptop to commandeer, y'know. i still have to deal with that so.

i'm still dying but less than i thought i suppose?

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply