chaos theory

Add Reply

»  custody battle, part one, ft. alastor
PLAYED BY tactician
years old 64 posts
fenrir really does try to keep his promises, even through nearly dying and losing his arm and getting seirasam back, so every week, still, he comes to the church to see teo. part of him is genuinely worried that teo might come stab him if he doesn’t; the other part is just glad to see him, getting taller by the week and dressed as nerdy as possible.

he drops seirasam off with fenix - he knows he’s hovering, obsessive and controlling, but he can’t help his worry, and he can focus better on his time with teo if he knows seirasam is somewhere safe with someone he trusts - and goes to the church. lets himself in. somehow ends up face-to-face with alastor.

how that happens, he doesn’t know; normally he’s good about avoiding the man, usually stopping in after he’s left to run an errand or gone grocery shopping. he wasn’t paying attention today, he supposes, and now he’s got a harpy in his face, and he can’t help the scowl that forms when he realizes that this is his day, now.

”alastor,” he greets, coolly. ”is teo around?”

// alastor hunt
gib child
PLAYED BY birdy
years old 8 posts
alastor does not like fenrir. he doesn't like any hellhounds, teo being the exception, fenrir not. he doesn't like demons either, but none of that is personal. harpies are not a particularly revered species, especially among hellions. therefore a mutual dislike is only obligatory. here, however, fenrir is the exception. alastor does not like fenrir. it is entirely personal.

"grimms." alastor replies. he finishes sweeping the dust into a neat pile. he slips past the pews to start on the aisle. "he is not."

normally the interaction ends there. alastor has nothing to say. fenrir is, at best, an intruder. at worst, a liability. teo might have escaped the shadows of the underworld, but alastor still sees them, a trailing cimmerian cape that drags in fenrir's wake and smothers the sun. danger is the last thing teo needs. but danger is all that fenrir breeds.

normally it ends here. normally...

alastor's left hand tightens against the broom handle. the bristles catch on a crack and one splinters off onto the floor.

he shouldn't. but he does.

"perhaps he knew you were coming."

fenrir grimms alastor fires the first shot
PLAYED BY tactician
years old 64 posts
he has learned a great many lessons about self-control in the past year, fenrir thinks. his horrible visceral gut-wrenching instinct led him to abandon seirasam, led to seirasam’s death; he nearly got himself killed at maccarrick’s hands, lost an arm for his trouble. both could have been avoided if he’d taken thirty seconds to think before he acted. he’s learned that lesson, he’s sure. he knows better now.

he knows better now, but alastor is really testing his limits.

“of course he knew i was coming,” fenrir says, not bothering to mask the annoyance in his tone. “i come at the same time every fucking week. just tell me where he is, alastor.”

// alastor hunt
honestly just murder him
PLAYED BY birdy
years old 8 posts
he's not one to give the benefit of the doubt. so when fenrir opens his mouth, alastor predicts that nothing will have changed, the hound will not have learned anything from his archdemon encounter, he will be exactly the same hard-boiled, spit and vinegar pugilist that he was the last time he passed beneath the cross.

alastor crouches down to remove a psalm pamphlet from the floor. fenrir does not disappoint.

"i would like to think you are a man of reason, mr. grimms." alastor begins, rising and tucking the pamphlet into the back pocket of one of the adjacent pews. he drags his gaze across the church's interior, tracing its circumference with his eyes before they settle on fenrir. "perhaps because i have grown too familiar with this setting, i find myself wishing often for miracles."

by now, he's no longer sweeping. the broom leans idly against a bench and alastor's arms rest deceptively still at his sides. his stance sets his feet just shy of shoulder-width. there's a humming from the ac and a car alarm is silenced several blocks away.

"teo knew you were coming yet teo is not here. i have nothing more to tell you beyond what you should already have discerned for yourself."

fenrir grimms my buttocks are clENCHED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply