Add Reply

Behind Perfection [C], [c] Enfai Siao
years old 4 posts PM
PLAYED BY runnerawaker
To most students in this college, they treat studies, friends, and daily lives as a battlefield. For Armand, just grading papers and preparing for a next lecture was a battlefield for him. He just sighed in dismay as he walked down the hallways just imagining the papers stacking in his office. Not to mention that he had to keep up with the schedules regarding the next class as well the faculty meeting this weekend.

Due to this pressure, he had to turn off his Shadow Sense for a while. While this temporarily disabled his ability to detect hostility and malice, it helped him avoid the stresses of paranoia from his cautious nature. Still, just arriving back in front of his office just made him sigh in relief. At this point, he would try to take a cup of coffee right now before working on his paperwork.

tags: enfai siao
notes: For this thread, he turned off his Shadow Sense for 12 hours. But don't worry about it for now,
okay?
years old 22 posts PM
PLAYED BY Dynasty
Enfai was in full-on crisis mode.

in half over a 1970s sink, the redhead let out a shaky sigh. With a deep breath, she lifted emerald eyes to the mirror before her. A haunted woman stared back. Unable to hold her own gaze for long, Enfai dropped her gaze to the water curling down the drain. But, like a siren’s song, the crumpled paper in her clawed hands beckoned her.

It’s pull became irresistible. Frantic eyes darted to it.

Froze on a blood-red splatter of angry red.

Tears blurred her vision as she pushed herself away from the sink’s damp embrace. The smartwatch around her wrist, hidden beneath a dark, loose-fitting cardigan gave a shriek of alarm. You only have half-an-hour until class, Enfai. Move that useless bum.

Rough paper towel scratched at her eyes as she wiped her tears away. The redness of her devastation, now amplified by impromptu exfoliation, grew even more prominent. “Keep your chin up, Enfai. What’s the worst that can ha—no, no, never mind, Enfai.” As she turned away from the sink, her mind filled with images of expulsion and rabid pterodactyls. That’s absolutely ridiculous! Just be polite and stay away from time machines, you stupid dork. Now, walk. It's not that hard you empty-headed sheep.

Stuffing the paper into her high-end messenger bag, Enfai ventured cautiously into the nearby hallway. After a few moments of psyching herself up, and making certain her target was in. the little Kirin set a course for his ajar office door. Swallowing down her nerves, and her lunch, the redhead lifted her hand and gave a timid knock.

“Excuse me, Professor Verity—no, Dr. Verity—Dr. Verity, sir. Do you have a minute?” Emerald eyes became suddenly interested in a nearby cinderblock wall. Nervous fingers tugged at the edge of her cardigan. “It’s perfectly all right if you're busy. . .”

// tag armand verity
// words
// notes
years old 4 posts PM
PLAYED BY runnerawaker
Just as he can even take his seat, the voice of the young woman broke his time of peace just as he turned around and saw her by the door. Judging by her pink hair and shy demeanor, that might be Enfai Siao. He wasn't the type to track the students who attended his classes, but he just wanted to know them in case they may approach him with questions like this.

"I do have some work to do before the next class, but it's alright, Ms. Siao. What can I help you with?" Armand asked as he smiled while putting down his mug down on the desk and approached the young woman. When it comes to his students, he had to help them out to aid them to find a bright future and unless their demands are too great for him to deal with, he was okay to help out. At least his Shadow Sense was turned off to lower his paranoia a bit.

notes: None
years old 22 posts PM
PLAYED BY Dynasty
The redhead stood poised outside the door for a moment, the very picture of a deer about to bolt.

She swallowed. He’s busy! It’s not like professors have all day to speak to little attention hogs like you. Emerald eyes dropped. “I am sorry, Professor. I really did not mean to interrupt.” Yes, you did. Liar. With a deep breath, she fidgeted with and the straightened her army green messenger bag. Well, you already went and interrupted his work you daft cow. You might as well ruin the rest of his day. Cautiously, as if expecting a mine field instead of antiquated hardwood, Enfai tiptoed into the room.

The floor creaked beneath her. Mockingly. Threateningly.

Before taking a seat in one of the plush chairs, she offered the older man a deep bow. “I really do appreciate your time. I know you’re busy.” So let’s just waste more of it. Good idea, Enfai. Gold star. Lifting her bag onto crossed legs, she fished a freshly graded essay out from between a press of lined paper and textbooks. She laid the tear-stained paper on the edge of Armand’s desk, green eyes briefly meeting the older man’s.

It was now or never.

“I wanted to discuss the essay a bit more—” A fidget. A sideways glance. “Can you explain your grading scale to me? With such glowing comments on the front, it certainly deserved more than an A-.

// tag armand verity
// words
// notes
years old 4 posts PM
PLAYED BY runnerawaker
In all honesty, he was a little annoyed that his work has to be interrupted again. But since this was another troubled student, he can't say no to her. It's not just because he has to make appearances, but he can't lose most of his trusts to anyone, especially the ones that he has to teach.

As for her problem, he raised his eyebrow just as he listened to her question. This was the first time that she wanted to know about his grading methods. And upon mentioning her essay, he felt that she might be troubled about her grade, which was even stranger since she passed her essay. "Yes. But why do you want to know about it? Aren't you happy about the A- I've given for your essay?"

notes: N/A
years old 22 posts PM
PLAYED BY Dynasty
In a world where names actually made sense, Hesitant would might have been her middle one. Or, maybe, Indecisive would be a better choice. She wasn’t really sure.

Confronting someone really wasn’t her forte. Confronting someone who could further derail her GPA wasn’t even in her playbook. And, yet, here she was. As silence fell between her and his packed schedule, the redhead became suddenly interested in her shoelaces. “I will try to make it quick professor—I’m just having a hard time finding the right words." What else is new? You practically live with a hoof in your mouth!

As she stared at the paper, the little Kirin felt her field of vision narrow to that scarlet letter. While no adulterer, that minus sign certainly made her understand how hard it must be to strut around with that sign plastered on her chest. Tearing her attention away from the crumpled paper, the redhead lifted her gaze back to the darker-haired man. Most children would be ecstatic about an A! And, yet, here you are whining about it![i] “Well, I—” [i]What if he knocks it down a few points for questioning him!? “I am—” She swallowed, hands intertwining in her pleated skirt. Take it easy, Enfai. “I am not questioning you by any means, but—” She took another gulp of air. The room seemed to shrink.

“I didn't see anything that warranted the lost points, professor.” With a shaky sigh, she settled back into her chair.

// tag armand verity
// words
// notes
[/QUOTE]
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply