Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

hear the sound it’s running through the ground, musa
years old 78 posts PM
PLAYED BY asiotus
the bass coming from the speakers thumped with a satisfying weight in roam's chest. it was nice to go out and have some fun for once, but... clubs weren't really all that fun when you went by yourself. normally that wasn't much of an issue, she would just find a buddy once she got there, but somehow she could hardly get anyone to look her way. how annoying. did she smell or something?

she slipped through the crowd gathered on the dance floor and plopped into a seat at the bar. ordering a beer, she pulled out her phone. she sorta doubted this was musa's thing but she was getting a little desperate, and the witch-in-denial was definitely growing on her. maybe a little too much, but she wasn't about to admit that.

she typed out a quick message:

10:34 PM

you work tomorrow?
trying to let a little loose tonight but no company
stop by and have a few drinks if youre bored

she quickly searched the club's address. that was kind of essential, wasn't it? she sent that his way as well. now it was just a matter of waiting.

musa al-zahabi
years old 64 posts PM
PLAYED BY kafka
10:45 PM

I should leave you hanging after what happened at the museum.

and yet despite his curt response, he was changing out of his pajamas and into street clothes, not really sure what is driving him out of his apartment. he doesn't really want to go to a club. (he's never been to a club). but lately he's had to open himself to all sorts of new experiences, what's one more?

the train ride and subsequent walk to the address roam sent him is relatively straightforward. musa finds the place easily. despite what movies would have him believe, there is no line outside the club, no bouncer at the door deciding who is cool enough to get in and who isn't.

two authoratative looking people (the fabled bouncers, he figures) notice him when he enters, but do not approach him. he looks old enough to be there, but not dressed enough, musa realizes, as he weaves his way through the crowd. the people here weren't exactly dressed in their sunday best, but in between all the flashing lights, musa can see that they put some effort into their outfits for the night, unlike him in his faded old sweater and blue jeans.

his body aches to the beat of the offensively loud music and a familiar wave of nausea rips through him. he sighs, squinting against the flashing lights to locate the bathrooms before he did anything else in the club.

choosing an out of the way spot by the wall and waving off the waitress who stops by to ask him what he wants to drink, he pulls out his phone and shoots out a quick plea for help:

11:30 PM

I'm here, where are you?

roam willis

years old 78 posts PM
PLAYED BY asiotus
roam couldn’t help but snicker to herself as she read his reply, nearly sucking beer straight into her nose in the process. if he thought she was ever going to let that go, he was in for a rude surprise.

10:47 pm

are you still mad at me?
that was like a week ago
dont even deny it wasnt at least a little funny
you have the cutest scream by the way
;)

she finished her beer, ordered another one, got started on it.

11:03 pm

wait does that mean youre coming, or

she nursed her drink, casting passive eyes on the flashing lights and crowd of dancing people. after some consideration, she decided not to join them for now. didn’t want to wind up distracted while waiting for someone to (potentially) show up.

second drink down and her phone buzzed. good thing she stuck to something lighter for now. it only took an entire hour for musa to decide to show up. she spun around in her stool, looking towards the entrance and scanning the place from there.

of course with his swath of hair and uhh… underwhelming attire… musa only stuck out like a sore thumb. roam internally shook her head. she herself was a little underdressed for the somehow still chilly weather outside, but it was awfully warm in here, and was only expecting to get warmer.

11:31 pm

stay there i can see you

she hopped off the stool and moseyed her way over. with a sly smile she tapped his shoulder to get his attention. “well color me surprised, i was expecting you to stay home.” she raised a questioning eyebrow. “though by the looks of it, it kinda seems like you should’ve. you’re not gonna barf on me before i get a single drink in you, are you?”

musa al-zahabi
the real question here is if the “on” in the last sentence is literal or metaphorical

years old 64 posts PM
PLAYED BY kafka
the lights and noise make it hard for musa to focus. even though his phone screen is a steady beacon in the disorientation atmosphere, he still squints and brings his face up close to the glass surface, trying to make the words stick long enough in his brain to comprehend them. the nausea does not help.

thankfully, roam does not waste time sauntering up to him. musa jerks his head up at the unexpected touch but relaxes when he sees his friend. she's saying something to him — he knows this because her lips are flapping — but the sound of her voice easily gets lost in the dissonance. his brow knits together in vexation and he has to lean in and ask her to repeat herself before he comprehend.

"i'm not going to vomit," he protests, practically shouting in order to be heard over the din. a couple people in a near by group turn to look at him, judgement in their eyes, but musa only scowls back. "i should have stayed home, but i thought i'd be nice and come see what the noise is about."

he feels like he should tell the truth. musa doesn't drink, hasn't really touched alcohol at all in his life, despite his twenty six years. but against his better judgement, he rises to her challenge. "so what have you been drinking?"

roam willis

years old 78 posts PM
PLAYED BY asiotus
rolling her eyes at musa’s clueless expression towards her (mostly joking) question, roam raises her voice and bends towards his ear to be heard above the music. a smirk quirks at her lips at his response. “i’ll hold you to it then.”

just from the queasy look on his face, she had her doubts, but she didn’t exactly have any experience dealing with magical stuff. or, after his revelation to her, she at least made her own assumptions that many of his problems she observed before and after they met were magic related. but if that was the case, perhaps being a little less sober would help staunch some less desirable witchy side-effects. they’d have to see how the night goes.

her head tilted sideways at his next statement. “how sweet. well…” she swept an open palm towards the mass of dancers and the dj. “here’s the noise. there’s plenty to go around, as well as other things.”

she gestured for musa to follow, making her way back to the bar. leaning towards him slightly, roam kept her eyes forward as they wove their way across the floor. “just a couple beers for now. but since you’re here we can go for something with a little more substance. what’s your poison?”

the bar was a bit packed and roam had to slither between some shoulders to get the bartender’s attention and order two shots, one of which she handed to musa. “cheers.”

musa al-zahabi
years old 64 posts PM
PLAYED BY kafka
her confident swagger as she moves around the club makes him conscious of his own nervous and small body language. musa forces his hands out of his pockets, letting them swing at his side as he follows her back to the bar. at least appear confident.

he doesn't want to admit that this is a strange, unexplored place for him. dragging his stool closer to her, he leans in like she did, trying not to shout like last time. "i'll be honest with you, i don't go out drinking that often." he's embarrassed to admit it, but better now than later when he's making a fool of himself, "recommend me something."

musa eyes the shots that the bartender places in front of him suspiciously. he knows what these are, at least, knows the bite they'll have as they slide down his throw. he doesn't want to refuse the shot she offers him, and takes it readily when she hands him the other one. sucking in a breath and (hopefully) subtly tensing his body, he does his best not to taste it as he tilts his head back and throws the shot down his throat.

it's rough going, as it burns its way down his esophagus and settles like fire in his stomach. he holds his eyes shut for a moment, not breathing, as he waits for all of it to settle tumultuously in the pit of his abdomen. the affects hit him almost immediately, warming his cheeks and numbing is extremeties. he's never really been a drinker, too sick from unknown reasons to weather the increased burden of alcohol, and that's no differente now.

still, musa feels some satisfaction. he doesn't heave like he feels like he might, and hopes he looks as laid back as roam is when finally the foul taste of alcohol on his tongue fades enough to be bearable. he should make conversation, he thinks, maybe it would delay the next round of poison. unfortunately, nothing especially spectacular comes to mind, and musa leans over the bar, angling a little bit closer to roam, to ask the most generic question ever: "so, you club often?"

in the background, out of the corner of his eye, musa could see the bartender's smile quirk up in amusement, clearly having heard and judged his failed attempt at interaction. musa, sadly, agrees with him — it's terrible, it's pathetic, but he's not used to this. going out socializing in the evening, smooth talking pretty girls. what a foreign land he's found himself in.

roam willis

years old 78 posts PM
PLAYED BY asiotus
her eyebrows twitch upward. "well yeah, that's why i'm surprised. you feeling particularly adventurous tonight or did you just really want to see me?" roam's smile lies more in her eyes than her lips as usual, cheeks tensed upwards in a subtle way while the curve of her mouth remains delicate. she turns back to the bartender before he could answer, orders a long island and a double shot as the first two individual ones arrive.

the liquid disappears from the small glass in an instant. it burns, sure, but she's plenty used to that by now. she recovers faster than musa, big surprise, and she watches quietly the struggle that plays out across his face. it was kind of cute, but for a moment she wonders what on earth she has gotten him into.

she has the feeling they were starting a dangerous game here.

a snort of amusement came in response to his question. "so we're starting with that, are we?" her eyes go to the glass that she slides away to be taken. "probably not as often as i imagine you're imagining. but certainly quite a bit more often than you."

"now—" the second round arrives—or technically the fourth for roam—and she snatches the tall glass of magic tea before musa can go for it. "sorry if i'm making any assumptions, but i'm gonna tell you anyway because i'm not really in the mood to babysit you for the rest of the night." she takes a small sip from the rim of the glass, leaving the straw for musa, and nods to herself quietly. "before i let you have any of this, tell your monkey brain a couple times not to suck it all down at once. and maybe not to have more than one, in all honesty. you'll thank me later."

she slides it in his direction then inhales her own drink, not so interested in his reaction this time around. she had to make sure to keep up anyhow. her face was beginning to flush with a satisfying heat. she considers ordering something else to sip on for the time being, but after some thought she decides to perhaps save some of her soberness for taking over the last of musa's. just in case. for now she simply raises an eyebrow at him. "that one treating you any better?"

musa al-zahabi
roam is a lil shit im sorry
years old 64 posts PM
PLAYED BY kafka
he mirrors her, letting his eyebrows rise on his forehead. musa doesn't quite know himself — sometimes, without rhyme or reason, your brain just happens to act on impulse decisions. he doesn't say that though, just responds to her smiling eyes with a warm upturn of his lips. luckily, the song currently playing ends as she's turning back to him, leading to a lull in the club's deafening noise. he doesn't feel the need to lean in as close to reply. "i'll go with whichever you prefer," he says with a shrug of his shoulders, smile turning a little smug.

"well we have to start somewhere," he replies with another shrug of his shoulders. though she complies, musa has little doubt that she's rolling her eyes inwardly. he would too. "help me out a bit here."

looking at the drinks that arrive, musa immediately suspects the tall glass garnished with a pretty pink umbrella is his. as roam schools him about the alcohol, musa feels a little like a teenager, stepping out into the world on their own for the first time. though he appreciated her attentiveness, musa doesn't want her to think he's someone who needs to be looked after.

"i know, i know," he says with a note of exasperation. he considers mentioning his rather... forceful rescue of the woman when she had been stabbed, but decides against it. that wasn't a terribly great time for either of them. "i promise you won't have to haul my puking ass home, mom."

taking an experimental sip, he's glad the drink isn't something that immediately made him gag. "much," he admits, trying not to feel too much pain for his dignity as roam guzzles shots like they're nothing. her face is tinged pink when she's done, and he unthinkingly brings a cool hand up to press against her hot face. tonight is a night for impulses, it seemed. musa starts pulling it back after a second. "what about you?" he asks, more teasingly than out of actual concern, "are you going to make me babysit you?"

roam willis

years old 78 posts PM
PLAYED BY asiotus
musa’s words are muffled despite the lull in the music. she flashes a full smile at them. so that’s how it was going to be. “let’s go with both.” the next song drowns out most of her response, but that didn’t matter so much.

she feels a bit bad about lecturing him, but if he didn’t have a whole lot of drinking experience… then that didn’t go much farther than a bit. “sorry,” she offers an apologetic smile, “it’s just for once i don’t wanna take you too off guard.” she raises both palms. “i’ll refrain from here on out.”

she circles a thumb and forefinger in an ok sign at his verdict of the drink. on different night they could move him up to something a little on the harsher side. if he’d let her after tonight.

her straying thoughts distract from the incoming hand, surprisingly cool against her cheek. she jerks back to attention, eyes going to meet musa’s. he was speaking up again and she lets out a snort. “trust me, any babysitting you’d be doing tonight is completely up to you. feel completely free to toss me in a bush somewhere if you ever get sick of me. i’ll find my way home eventually.” she pauses, considers. “that’s not a joke, by the way.”

after allowing musa some time to make progress on his drink, roam is feeling comfortably hazy. she turns back to him at another dip in a song “well,” she claps a hand on his knee, using it as leverage to hop back to her feet. “i didn’t come to a club to sit at the bar all night. gonna get some dancing in, if you feel like joining me.” she straightens her top, giving musa a moment to deliberate his own chance before setting off towards the dancefloor.

musa al-zahabi
years old 64 posts PM
PLAYED BY kafka
he leans forward towards the bar, one hand covering his mouth as he laughs his first real laugh since coming to mythril. "i thought we were past that," he says, voice full of mirth, "now you're worried about catching me off guard? have i really been taking everything so badly?" he probably has, considering the things said as they texted back and forth. musa thinks he's been getting used to all the strangeness, getting a little bit more open minded.

a frown pulls at his features at her next words and all the amusement leaves his eyes, replaced with concern. musa restrains his desire to rebut; to dig in and ask about her and her friends; to pass judgements. "i wouldn't do that," he reassures, "you're getting babysat whether you like it or not." and she knows how stubborn he could be.

musa usually has a few inches on roam, but the added height of the bar stool makes him feel towering as he puts a steadying hand on roam's shoulder. he considers her invitation for a good half second before shaking his head.

"you probably already know that that's... not really my thing, sorry." he looks to the mass of sweaty bodies on the dance floor with disdain. even if it didn't look like a sweat oven, musa does not particularly relish the idea of making a fool of himself tonight. "you can go ahead if you want. i'll judge your moves from here and tell you how bad they were later on."

roam willis

years old 78 posts PM
PLAYED BY asiotus
smile stuck stubbornly against her face, roam shakes her head. “you’re doing better, actually. you’re just…incredibly easy to tease.” the smile grows a tad wider. “which is more than okay with me.” having grown up in the environment musa was just now stepping into, she couldn’t quite imagine everything the poor guy must be going through recently, but she could suspect it must be disarming to say the least.

despite her steadily declining state of awareness as the alcohol gets to work on her system, it’s difficult to miss such a dramatic change in her friends face. “oh, don’t give me that look,” she says, heaving a sigh. “i don’t gotta be totally smashed to sleep in a bush. it’s actually nice sometimes.” she chuckles, mostly to herself. “but that’s sweet of you nonetheless.”

she has to crane her neck slightly to look up at him properly, being awfully high from this position. she gives him a lighthearted “boo,” at his refusal. “not even one song?” roam picks up his drink and takes a decent-sized sip as… some form of chastisement. not really; she just wanted to get a proper taste of it. “fine. just try not to judge me too hard, detective. i’ve never taken any actual dance classes.”

handing his glass back, she gives him a little wave before wandering over to the edge of the knot of dancers, where she makes herself comfortable. easing to the beat of the music, it becomes clear that any lack of skill is made up for in roam’s talent in dancing like nobody’s watching. not to say one would consider her anything less than slightly above average.

musa al-zahabi
im musa tbh
years old 64 posts PM
PLAYED BY kafka
taking a sip of his drink, he smiles but doesn’t comment. while definitely not comfortable with every new revelation roam has shown him, he appreciates her patience in helping him step into her strange world where witches and vampires roamed. the looks he gives her carry on, raising his eyebrows high in question as she once again mentions sleeping in bushes of all things.

”i imagine it’s pretty uncomfortable, with all the branches sticking you and the bugs and everything.” not to mention the things some people throw into bushes. personally, he prefers a more sanitized, civilized place to sleep. but….each to their own. apparently.

musa laughs when she asks again, shaking his head. a definite no. ”don’t worry,” he reassures her, ”i don’t actually know how to dance either. you’re braver than me.” resting his head fondly in his hand, he wants her prance off, disappearing into the throng of dancers.

roam willis

years old 78 posts PM
PLAYED BY asiotus
“pshhh, it’s only kinda bad on rainy days. they don’t make the best umbrellas.” pretty sure all the old farts in this city used to be bush-sleepers at some point too. wasn’t as weird as musa thought.

she leaves him to be a partypooper without further complaint for now, getting lost in the music and moving bodies. as if a majority of these people knew how to dance either. a few songs down and her head was beginning to spin and sweat was beginning to bead on her forehead. time to return to earth. just for a moment.

working her way back to musa, she frowns at the status of his drink. looks like she was gonna have to take it over after all. “okay,” she announces, standing before him again. “you got a few minutes to work up some courage. now give me just one song. she smiles hopefully then, without waiting for an answer, grabs his hand and drags him off the stool. "i don't know what you were expecting."

musa al-zahabi
years old 64 posts PM
PLAYED BY kafka
one of the songs that come up over the loud speaker must have been a hit, because more people gravitate to the dance floor from the bar, leaving the expanse barren mostly barren. suddenly relieved of work, however temporarily, the bar keeper decides to come over and chat as he polishes glasses. feeling a little predatory just staring at the dance floor, musa is glad for the conversation that strikes up.

it's interrupted a couple songs later when roam returns. he initially resists her request, but relents when she starts pulling at his hand. "fine, fine. don't laugh at me though, i've never done this before."

taking a large sip of liquid courage, musa grins as he lets himself be dragged to the dance floor. fitting his body in between dozens of other ones, he stands awkwardly for a moment, observing their neighbours, then tentatively begins to copy their movements to the best of his ability.

"like this?" he asks, even though his voice gets swallowed up by the din. it's a little heady in the crowd. he easily becomes another faceless stranger as he moves (off beat) to the music. musa feels like a sore thumb, but he thinks he's starting to understand why people enjoy this.

roam willis

years old 78 posts PM
PLAYED BY asiotus
"promise." roam raises a hand to the swear. "i doubt i'll be paying enough attention anyway." he is thankfully nonresistant as she cuts a way through the throng of people. she stops when a gap big enough for the two of them opens up and drops his hand.

roam doesn't waste time moving back into the beat, sticking close for moral support but faced away slightly so musa wouldn't feel so watched. her ears perk at his voice, distant as it was through the noise, and she gives him a quick glance. not much more than that; she need only make sure he wasn't a stagnant pillar in the ocean of people, before giving her assessment: "uh huh."

her movements lessen as the song begins to wane. out of breath, she redirects her attention back to musa again while the volume is still lowered. "well?" she pants, tapping him on the chest, "you done now or are you starting to get into it?"

musa al-zahabi
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply